Applications are now invited to the Ulster University Performance Sport Scholarships Programme (PSSP) – Individual Awards category. The PSSP will provide funding to support for one year, the course fees of high performing students who represent Ulster University in Senior Intervarsity competition in 2017-18. These Scholarships are being offered on the basis that the support will enhance the competitiveness and success of Ulster University students in Senior Intervarsity competitions and colleges sport generally. Students who compete at a high performance level within an individual sport and those in a team sport other than Basketball, Cricket, Gaelic Football (Men’s),Golf, Hockey, Hurling, Soccer and Rugby, are eligible to make application. The sports listed are excleuded from this Individual Award element of the PSSP as they have already received support for Scholarships through the Programme.
- The total value of Scholarship awarded to any one individual will not exceed 30% of the annual full-time NI/EU undergraduate fee.
- Scholarships will be awarded for one academic year and students in receipt of a Performance Sport Scholarship will not be entitled to apply for any other Ulster University Scholarships this year.
- Students that are in receipt of other Ulster University Sports Scholarships are not eligible to make application for these Scholarships. Students who have applied for other University Scholarships must declare so on this application and advise results to the Sports Development Officer immediately outcomes are confirmed.
- Scholars must sign a contract to demonstrate their commitment to represent Ulster University in all agreed competitions.
- All Scholars must be available to represent the University in Senior Intervarsity competitions and those competitions deemed to be a prioirty throughout the academic year.
- All Scholars must make themselves available to Ulster University in support of media, press and promotional activities and to act as ambassadors for their sport across the University and in the local and regional communities served by the University.
- Failure by the Scholar to meet contractual obligations will result in the withdrawal of the Scholarship and render the Scholar liable to any outstanding course fees.
N.B Applicants must hold a current membership for the Ulster University Sports Union to be eligible for a PSSP Individual Award.