Coach Mentor Scheme
UUSU Sport is pleased to announce the launch of a pilot Coach Mentor Scheme. UUSU Sport recognises the importance of providing our students with opportunities to upskill and increase their employability upon graduation. The Coach Mentor Scheme was created with the knowledge that many students enter Ulster University with limited high-level coaching experience. UUSU Sport has targeted established Ulster University clubs whose coaches are known for their expert knowledge and success in their field; the sports include basketball, rugby and soccer.
Mentoring is a fantastic method in which to educate and develop budding coaches. The scheme will provide the successful students with the opportunity to obtain:
- new ways of thinking and coaching practices;
- guidance on developing the strengths and overcoming weakness in a player/team;
- advice and encouragement; and,
- skills to empower you to think critically about your coaching methods.
The Coach Mentor Scheme will offer you:
- one-to-one support from your coach. This can include co-coaching, the mentor observing a session or the coach observing a session delivered by the mentor;
- group coaching sessions led by the mentor; and,
- observation and support on managing a match-day.
Further opportunities can be mutually agreed between Club Coach, Student and Sports Development Assistant as viewed appropriate.
If you are interested in the Coach Mentor Scheme, please see the role description for further information. Applications should be made by completing the Expression of Interest form by Wednesday 12th November.